Hey my little Brushaflies and welcome back to my blog, Brushafly Mua 🦋 Today’s blog post is about a Face mask I received in the Revolution Valentines day gift set when you spent £35 on their website in February. The gift contained £36 worth of products (which I will review in another blog post and on my channel, so keep your eyes peeled). But today’s topic is solely on the face mask because well… Its heaven in a jar 😇
The feed your face face mask is a Cocoa and oat mask and is a collab between Revolution and Jake Jamie. If you don’t know Jake Jamie he is an amazing Influencer who has a huge following over on Instagram who has many fans lusting over his beauty, skincare and DIY hacks and content. The collab actually contains multiple face masks that go from luscious Watermelon, to Instagramable avacado and of course, the cocoa and oat one. After trying this one I literally want to collect and try them all… But why? What made it so good that I love it and want more!!!
Reasons I love this face mask:
- The smell!!! The smell of this is so damn amazing I want to actually eat it. The scent is literally of Chocolate porridge which has been cooled and you can smear on your face.
- Its Vegan and cruelty free!!! Who doesn’t love makeup and beauty and skincare products that are vegan and cruelty free! I know I do. Not only does the mask feel great on my skin, but knowing no bunnies were harmed in the making process and also that its vegan so every one can use it just makes it feel that bit better on my face.
- No reactions!!! My skin is dry and can be sensitive to some face masks (I have been burned by a face mask on my nose before, that was not a great look) but with this mask I had no reactions which means for sensitive skin it should be ok! Obviously if you have sensitive skin you should check out the ingredients first and maybe test on a small area of skin just to double check. But for my skin, no reactions!
- TLSC!!! Tender loving Skincare! This felt amazing on my skin and left my skin feeling soft and hydrated afterwards! I only have to use it once or twice or week to get the effects from this mask. I don’t use it daily which will make it last longer but literally twice weekly is enough.
- Its a good dupe for lush face masks!!! Lush is one of those skincare companies that make some of the most gorgeous, amazing and beautifully scented products around. But with their Face masks they can go out of date quickly. I once had an oat type face mask from them that had to be kept in the fridge and only lasted a couple of weeks. With the Revolution x Jake Jamie one, it can last up to 6 months which is great!
- Its Gramable!!! If you’re an Instagram addict and you want something that can look awesome on your bathroom shelfie or doing a quick skincare video, this can look great and very Insta-Gramable.
- The price!!! These retail for £8 on the Revolution website but you can buy them in sets too. Revolution also do a lot of sales during the year and a skincare 3 for 2 is the best time to grab 1, 2 or 3 of these beauties.
If I had to maybe choose one downside to this mask, it would possibly be the colour. Once on it does look a little like baby poop! But, that would be my only issue which isn’t really an issue because its a face mask which I’m using to make my skin feel amazing and it will be washed off.
So how does the mask work?
- Firstly apply it to dry, clean and cleansed skin.
- Leave it to dry for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Once dry it looks and feels a little like a clay face mask.
- After the set time, wash it off! It does take a little scrubbing but your skin feels amazing afterwards.
- Finish your pamper time with your favourite face cream and a jade roller to really massage your cream in, get some lymphatic drainage and feel like you have been to a mini spa.
Overall I love this mask and one day I think I want to try them all. So watch this space because if I do, I will tell all my little Brushaflies first.
I hope you liked my blog post about the Revolution x Jake Jamie Feed your face mask – Cocoa and oat! If you did why not follow my blog and keep up to date with all things makeup and beauty. Also of you wish to check out Revolution and their face masks, the link is here – Revolution face masks
That’s all for now my little Brushaflies. So stay safe, take care and speak soon xoxo