Hey my little Brushaflies and welcome back to my blog, Brushafly Mua 🦋 Today’s blog post is a discussion on my top tips on how to protect your own personal vibe on social media. Social media can be a huge blessing for people wanting to become an influencer in some form or another, whether that be a fashion influencer, a makeup influencer, a skincare influencer… And so on… But the realm of social media can become a dark and nasty place. So I have some top tips to keep yourself in check and to protect your own social media personal vibe, so you don’t fall into that awful dark and fake hole…
My top tips:
- Don’t compare yourself to others – We are all individual beings for a reason. We might aspire to be like others and take inspiration from them, but don’t compare yourself to them. Their life may look perfect on the outside but you never know the whole story, plus, people have success in a range of things… Some might find having kids as successful, others might find being fit and healthy as successful, others money etc. So don’t compare others successes to yours, and don’t compare what others do to what you do. Just enjoy what you do and have fun…
- Don’t do anything that doesn’t feel right – If you are lucky enough to have grown your social media presence to a certain stage where people are sending you PR or doing paid partnerships, make sure to keep to things that feel right for you. If its a product you love, then fab, promote it. But if its not one your a fan of, or the brand, then feel free to politely decline and stay true to you. Also, this can be taken in another way, if people message you to meet, or ask for private details or pictures… Just ignore them or decline. Do not do things that make you feel uncomfortable or might put you at risk.
- Don’t be afraid to spend time away from social media – It will still be there later or tomorrow. If you need a break for your mental health then take it. You and your health come first!
- Don’t fret over things you can’t control – If you post a picture you love but you don’t get much engagement or likes, don’t fret over the numbers and views, it will drive you insane. Just have fun with the content you make and post. You can’t control whether or not people like your content, you just need to remember to do it for you!
- Avoid gossiping about others, bashing others and getting into others peoples business – No one likes people putting their nose where it doesn’t belong, if someone has done something that you don’t agree with, then maybe mention it to them politely if you absolutely must say something, but don’t plaster things all over the Internet. Cancel culture has become a huge thing and can destroy so many lives, jobs and careers. I find the best thing to do, if you don’t like something someone has posted, just keep swiping and move on. Also don’t be that person that bitches and moans about others, its not kind and in this day and age, kindness is very much needed to heal.
- Be kind to others and yourself – Like I said in the point before, kindness is very much needed in this modern world, so many people are mean and nasty. My rule of thumb is always be kind and treat others how you want to be treated. Another must is to be kind to yourself! If something hasn’t gone how you planned or how you wanted, don’t worry about it or be nasty to yourself about it, because you can’t change it. Kindness to yourself helps others be kind to you to.
- Pleasing yourself is selfcare, not selfishness – Sometimes you need to make sure to take care of yourself. Making sure that you are looked after as well as every one else doesn’t make you selfish. If you are not well mentally or physically then how can you look after anyone else? If you need an hour to have a glass of wine and a face mask one evening to chill and unwind instead of housework, then do it! Yes house work my benefit you and everyone else when its done, but if you feel frazzled and need some me time, go for it. If you need to post content but you are to mentally tired to do so, do it tomorrow, take time for you. As my nan likes to tell me, ‘It will be there when your not’.
- Stay away from energy vampires – Yes they are real, they are that one friend or person that you care about but takes all your energy and time when you see them but have no energy in return for you. Such as you will listen to them for hours about their problems and will want your help connecting with others in your social media industry and will get your help with their images and content…. But they don’t return the favour… Just keep the garlic at handy and don’t let them drain you!
- Ignore trolls and their nasty comments – Easier said then done but honestly, if someone is posting negative or nasty comments on your socials, then you need to just ignore them and get on with your life. You will probably find that they are just jealous of you. Plus why lower yourself to their standards? If you bite, they will probably come back for more. So ignore them and pee them off by doing so.
So let’s recap:
* Don’t compare yourself to others. * Don’t do anything that doesn’t feel right. * Don’t be afraid to spend time away from social media. * Don’t fret over things you can’t control. * Avoid gossiping about others, bashing others and getting into others peoples business. * Be kind to others and yourself. * Pleasing yourself is selfcare, not selfishness. * Stay away from energy vampires. * Ignore trolls and their nasty comments.
So there you have it, my top tips on how to protect your own personal vibe on social media. If you have any other top tips let me know below, I’d love to hear them. That’s all for today my little Brushaflies, so take care my Brushaflies and speak soon xoxo