Hey my little Brushaflies and welcome back to my blog, Brushafly Mua 🦋 Today’s blog post is 19 ways to potentially increase your blog traffic. Now, there is no such joy as a magic wand to magically bring viewers and followers to your blog, to be honest it all takes hard work, time and patience, but there are some things you can do to help increase your chances of getting more traffic to your blog… Read on to find out how!!!
So here are the ways to potentially increase your blog traffic:
- Find your own personal niche that you enjoy writing about and are knowledgeable about and fully embrace that as your blogging niche and theme
- Post Regular content, keep to a regular schedule, for example three days a week, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, or Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Some say week days are best for engagement because weekends are family time for many (but not everyone). Some people like to blog daily, like myself. You just have to find a writing schedule and posting schedule that works for you. If you post around the same time on the same days, your viewers and followers will tend to gravitate to your page to see what’s new.
- Use eye catching images. Take your own and set a theme with a certain look, or websites like WordPress have stock photos you can use. Eye catching images make a blog post stand out to a viewer so they want to read on, stay around or even come back.
- Engage with your audience. If they comment, be polite and comment back. Build up a good relationship with your audience, because then they will want to come back.
- Create catchy and good headlines / titles. A good title and headline will draw people in, but also will be searched for on search engines such as Google. Choose something you think people will type into search engines. Preferably under 120 characters.
- Publish good quality content to keep your potential viewers and followers wanting more. Boring and bad quality content will turn people off from your blog. Good quality posts, especially those that can help people will bring people in.
- Keep to simple language, you don’t want to annoy people by using highly sophisticated language that they will need to Google to understand. Keep to the language of your audience, for example I love writing about makeup, so I know people coming to my blog potentially love makeup too, so I know I can use makeup style language because they will probably understand it too.
- Guest posting on other blogs is a great way to grow your audience by using other bloggers audiences. But remember to let the other bloggers guest post back if they want to. In other words, ‘you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours!’
- Give your reader valuable content, do you know a hack to a makeup problem or a makeup storage problem? Then tell them, make it worth their while reading your blog.
- Try something new. Do you have a great idea that you think no one else is doing?!? If so give it a go, what have you got to lose?
- Create an email list and ask readers to sign up. Don’t bombard them with emails though, just one a month or every couple of weeks will do. Put useful information onto the email, like makeup hacks, storage hacks or hacks dedicated to your own personal niche. Maybe add events you may be going to, or any giveaways you are doing on your blog.
- Giveaways are a great way to entice readers in. Get them to comment their email or a social media account in the comments so you can find them easily to let them know they have won.
- Search engine optimisation, this is using keywords that search engines such as Google will pick up on and use when people search for something. Such as your title, that is one key word / sentence, so make sure you use those key words throughout your blog post many times, so search engines will pick up on them easier.
- Try to develop a community for your blog. Use your social media accounts to create groups and pages for your blog that people can visit, chat to you and discover you on. Make sure you are active on these accounts so your community can see you and communicate.
- Use your social media accounts to promote your blog, don’t be shy about it but don’t bombard people all the time. Break it up with blog posts, pictures, questions, and other posts they can engage with you on.
- Make sure to sign up to as many social media accounts as you can to give you the best possible out-reach to increase traffic to your blog: *Facebook. *Instagram. *YouTube. *Twitter. *Pinterest. *Snapchat. *Tiktok.
- Partner with other bloggers in your niche. Reach out and see if they would like to collab on a certain post or do an interview or a guest post.
- Use your social media to ask questions and get feedback and for information for other potential blog posts. For example what is your worst makeup product? Get people to vote on it and create a blog post on it.
- Repurpose blog posts to suit different platforms, for example WordPress is somewhere you can write huge blog posts, but twitter which is considered a micro blogging site cannot hold all that writing, so repurpose it to suit a smaller writing limit.
So there you have it, 19 ways to potentially increase your blog traffic… I hope you enjoyed my blog post, if you did why not follow my blog and channel and keep up to date with all things makeup, Beauty and blogging. Take care and speak soon xoxo