Hey my little Brushaflies and welcome back to my blog, Brushafly Mua 🦋 Today’s blog post is another crafty one, today I have made a hotel (I like to name my crafts e.g. Birchbox towers lol, I just feel it gives my makeup table more personality) so, the hotel as it were is for my nail polish collection. I kept moving all my Varnishes around my makeup table to find the most suitable place for them, but nothing seemed right… Until now! For my birthday last year my wonderful nan found an advert calendar by Laura ashley in the charity shop. It was all still sealed and all the goodies inside were still in date. So she asked if I wanted it… And of course I did. So it’s been by my table for a while now with no real use… But I have found a use for it… Nail polish hotel!
I decided it would be good for nail polishes because the drawers are the perfect size for nail Varnishes.
So, what did I need to create my perfect nail polish hotel?
- The old Advent Calendar (obviously)
- Undercoat / primer paint – the calendar was bright red and I wanted it grey, so to get the perfect and desired colour, I needed to prime and base coat it.
- Grey satin paint (I think its wood paint lol)
- Colourful and glittery card for the drawers
- PVA glue
- Nail polish – to make sure the drawers were the right size
- Drawing pins – the ones that help you pin things on walls and cork boards
- Perfume bottle lid
- Newspaper or an old magazine – to put over your workspace to stop it getting messy
- The first thing I do was paint the Advent Calendar in the base coat / primer paint and leave to dry.
- The second thing I done was to grab the pen and the coloured glittery card and measure out the right sized squares to glue to the face of the mini drawers. Once cut out I glued them all on with the PVA.
- The third thing I done was to leave the drawers to dry and to go back to the painting. It was now time for the satin grey coat to go on. Because of the brightness of the red, I did give it 2 coats just to make sure it was the perfect colour for me. Once it was dry I grabbed the perfume bottle lid and super glued it to the top of the calendar to make it look like a big nail polish.
- The fourth thing I done was to grab the drawing pins to make handles for my draws. I pierced the sharp point through the card, then took it out, grabbed the super glue and placed some glue where the pierced hole was, then I put the drawing pin back and left it to dry. That meant I had a stronger handle that wouldn’t just pull straight out.
- Once it was all dry I was then able to put it all together to see my finished look. And I have to say, I love it!!! Its perfect and totally fits in with my makeup table look and feel.
I’m so happy with how this came out, it fits in my nail polishes perfectly and looks so good. I love the perfume lid at the top just to add a touch more glamour. It was so cute and easy to make and if you guys have anything like this at home but its just sitting there doing nothing… Why not spruce it up and make it work for you and your makeup area.
Do you guys have any makeup craft ideas? If you do let me know, I’d love to see them. If you like my blog post why not follow my blog and keep up to date with all things makeup and beauty 🦋 Take care of yourselves my Brushaflies and speak soon xoxo