Hey my little Brushaflies and welcome back to my blog, Brushafly Mua 🦋 Today’s blog post is my January Product Empties 2021…
Once a month, like many makeup lovers on the planet and across YouTube, I like to take a look back at all my product empties for that month. Mainly to see what it is I am using a lot of, but also to look back and see whether or not I would purchase them again.
So what is in my box of goodies this month that I have used up, and would I buy them all again or not?
- Anatomicals Rose Hand cream – this was nice at first and worked well as a hand cream, but towards the end of its life it began to smell like vinegar… Which wasn’t a pleasant smell. Would I buy it again? It was nice so perhaps I would, I would just make sure to use it quickly before it turned to vinegar.
- Simple toner – This is a nice and yet simple toner and for the price point which is drugstore priced it is well worth the money. Would I buy it again? Yes.
- Impulse tease deodorant – If you want to know what I smell like, it’s this lol. I like this deodorant and buy it regularly but I do also chop and change to other brands depending on pennies. Would I buy it again? Yes, I buy it a lot so I would buy it again.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation sample – This was a sample I got from from Feelunique last year. I decided to use it as my normal foundation ran out. This is a gorgeous foundation and one I have gone on to buy in a full sized version. So yes, I did buy it again lol.
- Charlotte Tilbury light wonder foundation sample – I tried both samples to see which one I preferred. And of course it was the other sample. This one wasn’t for me, I found it too oily, heavy and cakey for me. So no, I would not buy it again.
- Biodegradable makeup remover wipes from a supermarket – I usually use micellar water and reusable pads. But with lockdown and not going to my usual shops, I have turned to supermarket branded biodegradable makeup remover wipes as a substitute until I can go back to my usual shops and buy micellar water. These are actually ok, obviously I don’t like using wipes because of landfill but as these are biodegradable I feel a little better. Would I buy again? Yes while in lockdown, no when not in lockdown.
- Dior Jadore perfume sample – I received this in the post to test and whilst it is a nice perfume, Dior are very expensive so personally I wouldn’t buy it due to pennies, but by scent, it is nice but it smells very grown up, and I kinda wanna stay young haha.
- Clarins – My Clarins beauty mist – I got this with the Clarins x In the Frow collab back in May 2019. It has lasted so long and has been a lovely beauty mist. Would I buy it again, probably, Clarins are a bit on the expensive side but they are a good brand with good products. If in the frow did another collab with clarins, then damn straight I’d buy it again.
- Sanctuary Spa bath products – These were a birthday present from a friend and they smell amazing. Yes I would buy them again or ask for them as presents again.
- Laura Ashley shower cream – this was a nice shower cream, I love the smell of Jasmine and Rose and would buy it again in a bigger bottle if possible.
- Becca cosmetics skin love prime and set spray – this is a beautiful looking product and does what it says on the tin. It is expensive for what it is and I expected the packaging to be glass not plastic for the price point. Would I buy it again? If it was in the sales yes, full price again, no.
- Becca cosmetics bff Khloe x Malika sweethearts highlighter – The packaging was cute, the product itself was rubbish. Other becca highlighters I own are beautiful, but this was a flop. Would I buy it again? No.
- Maybelline dream Radiant foundation – I love this foundation and is one of the best drugstore foundations I have ever used. Its long lasting, looks dewy and pretty and I most definitely would buy it again.
- Revolution Hyaluronic acid 2% serum – This is one of the best serums I’ve ever used! The price is fantastic and you don’t need to use a lot so it does last a while. Would I purchase again? Yes!
- No 7 airbrush away primer – This is the silver packaging one. Whilst I like this one, the blue one is my favourite one. This works well under most foundations I have tried and lets your makeup last for hours. Would I buy again? Yes.
So there you have it, my January Product Empties 🦋 if you wish to see my YouTube video on this months product empties then click the link here – My January Product Empties 2021… If you like my blog then please give me a follow, and maybe a subscribe to my channel too ❤️ every little helps ❤️
Take care my Brushaflies and speak soon xoxo