Hey my little Brushaflies and welcome back to my blog… Today’s blog post is going to be mostly pictures and not necessarily writing. Last year I done a lot of makeup on myself, most of which I was very proud of, and sometimes it’s nice to look back, see what you have done and how your skills have improved. So I’m just going to jump right in and look at my top 10 makeup looks from 2020 that I created 😁
1) This look was one I did for the Val Garland Glow Up makeup challenge over on Instagram. I can’t remember the actual theme of the challenge, but I know I chose Paige from the Original Charmed. I tried to recreate her white lighter orbs on one side of my face and just paige’s normal day makeup on the other. I also added in my ‘Book of Shadows’ replica that I made. And on Instagram you could add in the charmed house in a piccy, so of course I had to do it! Absolutely loved doing this look!
2) I did this look for another makeup challenge over on Twitter. It was music themed! My chosen artist was Sia and her albums ‘This is acting’ and ‘1000 forms of fear’. I absolutely love both of her albums and pretty much all her music, she is such a talented musical artist. Her music also helped to inspire my books ‘Alone, Lone and One’ and ‘Junia’ all of which you can check out in the links below:
3) Just a cute pink and gold eye look, I can’t even remember what makeup I used but I remember loving this look and that eye liner, I mean that wing for me is totally on fleek 😘
4) A moody two toned look, using blue and pink from my Mac eL Seed palette which I got in a goody bag when I went to a Mac event in 2019. Have to say its one of my favourite eyeshadow palettes.
5) This was a makeup look my eldest daughter designed for me and I had to put on my face. Of course this has to be in my top 10, because she designed it and I love it.
6) So technically this wasn’t one I put on my face, but one both my gorgeous girls put on my face. That was such a funny day together as mummy and babies x
7) This was another look for one of Val Garlands Instagram makeup challenges. It was meant to show how your skills have grown, and for me, it shows the universe of ideas in my mind and then a makeup look based on the universe of ideas.
8) So this was a look I created using one of my favourite drugstore eyeshadow palettes and other products from that brand. Its all from the Revolution x Soph collection. Find it all from Revolution using this link here – Revolution x Soph (This is not an affiliate link just a useful link for makeup I recommend)
9) This was a look I done using the Morphe x Maddie Ziegler collab. I loved the bright colours and pastel shades from that eyeshadow palette.
10) A frozen themed makeup look which won a competition over on Instagram. This was so much fun to do and I loved this look. I am sensing a theme though, last year it seems I liked using pink and blue for my looks lol.
So there you have it, my top 10 makeup looks from 2020 that I created 😁 I hope you enjoyed this blog post. That’s me done for today, so I will speak soon xoxo take care xoxo