Hey my little Brushaflies and welcome back to my blog, Brushafly Mua. Today’s blog post is an unboxing of a gift set I bought myself in the Boots ‘after xmas sale’. Now I have to say I was really surprised to see my local Boots makeup and gift set area open, as I am in a Tier 4 at the moment, but I went into town to pay some bills at the post office and the bank and to put my Christmas money in (I went out on the 29th December, so I wasn’t a crazy fool venturing out on Boxing day, to be honest I don’t even do that on normal Boxing days let alone Covid Tier 4 ones, although there has been the occasional one where me and my nan will go to Boots lol). To get back to my car at the car park I took a short cut through Boots and discovered their makeup area open along with all their 50% off gift sets. So of course I had a nosey, I mean, I was already there. I didn’t stay very long and I literally bought three items, but I thought I would share the biggest one with you guys on here. It is the XX Revolution – Live to Xxcess gift set 😘
So originally the gift set cost £60!!! Wowsers!!! But in the Boots half price sale it went down to £30!!! And it was the last one left, so naturally I had to get it. I had seen ‘AlixKate’ a beauty YouTuber I like watching at the moment do a video on this particular gift set, see her video here – Alix Kate live to xxcess gift set so when I saw it and remembered her review, I knew I needed it in my life.
The gift set includes 11 beautiful items:
- Xxcess Luxe eyeshadow palette – this eyeshadow palette contains 18 gorgeous shades with a space kind of theme with the shade names. Cannot wait to play around with this palette, especially since I have yet to try any xx revolution makeup. The case of the eyeshadow palette is almost furry to the touch lol, it feels really weird and I imagine will be hard to keep clean, but at the same time I like it. Its a gorgeous lavender purple shade and has loads of xx’s over it. The shade names unfortunately are on the plastic protective sheet which I know I will lose, but other than that, it’s a damn gorgeous palette.
- Jealously eyeshadow palette – This is a cute little 9 pan palette which gives me Huda Beauty vibes. The colours are beautiful and very dainty looking. My youngest most definitely has her eye on this palette lol. The case is glittery silver and is a good size to travel with.
- A shatter lipgloss in Sundown and a shatter lipgloss in Zero Focus. – Both these glosses look gorgeous and very glam. Sundown is a beautiful burnt orange shade, not a shade I would normally go for but also a shade not in my collection so I’m hoping it will make a nice addition to my lip collection family. Zero Focus is a gorgeous Pink shade which is very much a shade I would buy or wear.
- Xxcess lustre, a highlighter compact – this is a gorgeous rose gold looking highlighter which I am so excited to try out. It looks super smooth and creamy in the pan, and the Glow from the compact is mesmerising.
- Xxact eyeliner set – This comes in three shades, Lavender, Teal and Black. The packaging is super sleek and expensive looking and feels very weighted in your hands. Cannot wait to test out the formula for these, and I very much feel Lavender purple is going to be the colour of 2021.
- A brush set of 3 super futuristic looking eye brushes – These brushes look super spacey and have a really strange handle, which is actually really good for grip. I’m loving the pinky colour.
- Distortion complexxion palette – This is a cute little face palette with a bronzer, blusher and highlighter inside it. I’m nearly done with my Becca Cosmetics Khloe x Malika face palette, so I’ll be testing this one out very soon.
- Shimmer mist in Equinox – This is a beautiful smelling setting spray with gold flecks reflected throughout. Really gives your skin a dewy glow. I tested it out on my hand, honest to god, its a beaut.
- Makeup bag – This gorgeous glam makeup bag is so going to be replacing the one I’m currently using. It’s a decent size and the silver goes with my makeup table really well.
- A mini makeup mirror – Omg this mirror looks like something from a spy film, no word of a lie. Its super smooth, thin, metal and looks really expensive. It also has its own case to keep it safe in. Just no throwing it like an assassin ninja, I feel it could do some damage lol.
The box that this gift set comes in is also stunning, it has a gorgeous moon, sun, stars and snowflake design to it, as well as a pinky, purple, silver and yellow marbled design. The lid lifts up to reveal the top section and also has a draw compartment. I feel this is fully reusable and would make a lovely makeup storage box for anyone’s makeup table. I absolutely love it!!!
So that is this gift set unboxed. It is a gorgeous, stunning and beautiful gift set that anyone would love to own. If you can get it then do. Last time I checked Revolution Beauty still had some on their site but you might have to be quick!!! Revolution website link. This is not an affiliate link, just thought it might come in handy.
So that is today’s post done, I hope you enjoyed it. Did you get any makeup Bargains in the sales? If so, let me know. Take care my Brushaflies and speak soon xoxo